Friday, November 14, 2014

Slow Magic Live in GBG

Slow Magic was incredible to see live. So much energy.
 


I was expecting a nice fairly typical electronic slow paced gig with the artist bopping behind a laptop as the one might assume being a long time listener of his music. But he managed to create a unique dance party atmosphere with the addition of live drums. Feeling each drum beat through your body really puts you in the right mood to let go and dance. The crowd went crazy and really fed of his energy. And when he took his drum and stood in the crowd at the exact point I was standing and proceeded to play after the few seconds of confusion, the crowd was fanatical.
Bravo dude.


Negatives:
1) I arrived an hour late and missed 2/3 bands I wanted to see, mainly Blue Hawaii and Craft Spells, mostly disappointed, though Slow Magic easily made up for missing the others.

 
2) After waiting for my bus for 2 hours during which time 3 scheduled busses did not eventuate, rather than testing my ability to survive in extreme conditions, and due to the lack of homeless people sleeping on the streets, I decided I would probably die and walked to a friends apartment where I knew the code to the building and sleep on the floor outside their door for a few hours before catching the first bus home. Home: 6am. Duration: 5 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment